Friday 9 September 2011

I nearly made a dress

Wow, making clothes takes ages! Okay not as long as making a quilt, but still the combo of my glacial sewing pace and complete uncomprehension of pattern terminology meant I couldn't quite finish my dress during the 3 day sewing course.
Not too much to go though - just the hem and collar. I did do the collar already, twice, but it was all wonky so I had to unpick and try again.

My camera battery just died so I had to use my phone but here's my nearly a Lisette dress.

Also a good iron probably wouldn't go amiss

Thanks Nikki at Oh Sew Brixton! for endless patience, encouragement and not rolling your eyes too much when I asked the same question for the eighth time.

Now I just need to find the time and energy to finish this one instead of starting on dress #2 which is all ready for cutting...

No comments:

Post a Comment