Saturday 30 July 2011

Excited! Excited!

It's an exciting time in the House of Thimbles today I tell you. Ex. Citing.

Reason for excitableness #1: I've just enrolled in a beginners dressmaking course. It's a 3 day intensive course after which I will hopefully be the proud wearer of a new (made by me) dress and will no doubt be brimming with over confidence and will start making rash claims about setting fire to every item of clothing I currently own and replacing my wardrobe with gorgeous hand made delights.

Reason for excitableness #2: I'm going to New York in 10 days! Now on the face of it the trip is for my brothers wedding which will all be lovely and fun, but really, do you know how many fabric shops there are in New York? And how cheap they are? And that there are whole entire shops just selling buttons? And that Mood is three whole floors? (My voice is getting a bit screechy and over-excited now, sorry.) The last time I was there I had to do a whistle-stop tour of fabric shops as I had my bored bro in tow, but this time I'm taking my fabric loving sewist Mama so we can stay there all day!

Cue harps and angelic choir

No comments:

Post a Comment