Tuesday 28 September 2010

Three blind owls

Owls in progress

I decided that my baby quilt just wasn't a baby quilt without owls. Those little suckers are just too cute - they very nearly almost make me get over my general hatred of birds. Their flappy wings give me the creeps, and don't even get me started on lethal attack swans shudder.
At the very least owls can join penguins and puffins in a cool birds break away group.

Anyway, since I have the artistic talent of a colourblind hamster, I used a pattern posted by the amazing Amazing Mae (aka Traci) who makes very cool stuff.

Now I just have to sew them on, which will probably take me about a month since I'm so slow (seriously - Slowest. Sewer. Ever. Call Guinness). And I need to find something for their eyes - I wanted to use little buttons but I'm worried that is some kind of safety hazard, plus buttons that small are really hard to find. I could just use a little material circle but not sure my sewing is up to scratch. Hey, circles are tricky...

1 comment:

  1. Fab Owls Ruth!! What's next from the Animal Kingdom?
    Fen

    ReplyDelete